Friday, July 7, 2017

Pinot Noir with Tracy Moreau

The true value of laser cut surfaces is the level of detail that the designers can put into them.
Southern Ridge Trading keeps raising the bar in this regard , with creative and dynamic designs to tweak your creativity. This Gears frame had the juices flowing pretty quick!! The first thought is to go steam punk.. so I decided to go a bit more classic and keep the frame light and colourful.
I used DecoArts NEW Extreme Sheen Metallics, the Copper , gold, and bronze tones, and brought in a little turquoise to give it a light patina. I also tossed in a few small chip board gears and keys to give it a bit more dimension.


I added some shadows to separate the gears a little and create the illusion of depth. Then glued a few of the Keys and the smaller gears in place to enhance that. A few highlights, with some white adds to the dept and helps separate the gears and years more effectively.


The background of the panel is a light buttermilk colour, then Stamped with a Stampendous stamp to create the vintage script and the butterflies.  A little antiquing with the same colour gives it a parchment look. I traced and transferred my grapes design onto the background. 


I used light floats of transparent colour to create the grapes and leaves, I wanted the background to show through .. a little bit.

I used a golf leaf adhesive to paint in the lettering and the details on the leaves. Once it was dry I laid the ThermoWeb Foil onto the adhesive and burnished it with from pressure , with my finger tips. The flash of the metallic is just a fun punch of flash!!


The results are pretty cool I think!!


Southern Ridge Trading Company Products Used:

Other Supplies Used:
- DecoArtDecoArt Extreme Sheen Metallics - Copper, Antique Bronze & 24 Kt Gold and DecoArt Americana - Light Buttermilk, Asphaltum, Soft Black, Napa Red, Diox Purple, Lamp Black, Bahama Breeze, Warm White. 
-  Therm O Web: Gold Foil and Adhesive Old Gold
- StampendousVintage Script - CRP249 
-  Dynasty BrushesDynasty Black Gold Brushes - 1/2 angle, 10/0 liner, 3/4 flat wash, #4 Filbert

Designed by Tracy Moreau










No comments:

Post a Comment