Monday, July 10, 2017

Beautiful Life with Charlene Byrd

Hello Bloggers!

Charlene here! Thanks for joining me on the blog!







Today I'm sharing one of my favourite pictures taken of my husband and I. We were on our way to a fundraising gala with some dear friends of ours when my friend said "We all look so fabulous let's take pictures"! We found this beautiful old red barn with a cool metal wheel that was a perfect backdrop for our black attire. With my love of all things old, this was the perfect improv photo shoot!


To create this tittle, I started by staining the entire piece with Walnut Distress Stain.


I then took a stipple paint brush and dabbed some white acrylic paint randomly on the chipboard.


Then I stippled some Tarnished Brass acrylic paint. Repeat this until you're happy with the look.




I used the same stipple effect on the clock face and the gears as I did on the title, only I used Tarnished Brass, Antique Bronze and Black Soot Distress Paint. I didn't clean out my brush in between colours, I just picked up the new colour and continued. 


The back of the clock was stained with Walnut Stain Distress Stain first and then I used the leftover paint that was in my brush from the clock face to give the background a distressed look.

The clock hands were painted with Black Soot Distress Ink.

Southern Ridge Trading Company Supplies Used:

Other Products Used:
- Bo Bunny Paper and Sticker
- Paper Flowers
- Hemp
- Distress Stain
- Distress Paint
- Paint Brush

Thanks for joining me today!

Happy Creating!
- Charlene



















No comments:

Post a Comment